Window Or Mirror?

(Image from Sora)

I will start by explaining what a window and mirror is. No, not the literal meaning, in case anyone thought it was. A window is a book that brings you into another world, not like a book about planets, but one that doesn’t mirror your own life. That last sentence basically told you what I am going to explain now. But I am explaining it anyway. A mirror is a book that is similar to your own life. The main character might be like you, the situation in the book might be like one you are in, or it could be both.

The book Shadow Weaver (which is, first of all, a great book) is a window for me. The main character is not at all like me, and the situation is not like one I am in. I wish it was a mirror because being able to move shadows would be awesome, but it’s not at all like my life.

The story is that a girl has a special power that she got from a comet, the power to move shadows and make things out of them. Her own shadow also talks to her, but no one believes it. Her shadow gets her into a lot of trouble, because it actually can move around and cause harm. Her parents try to send her off to a “special” school, but it is run by an evil person who has a plan for kids with powers from the comet. The girl runs away and has to hide from the evil woman. So yeah, nothing like my life.